About Me

My photo
This is why I rock: I am Candace Cooks, a young and ambitious African American woman from Dallas, Texas making moves chasing my dreams to Atlanta Georgia. Currently I am a Fashion Merchandising student at Clark Atlanta University pursuing my goals of becoming a fashion editor of an elite magazine. I created this blog to be used as an informative tool of what's going on in the black community and fashion world.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

THIS IS WHY I ROCK!

BLACK GIRLS ROCK! tHIS CONCEPT IS TAKING OVER THE NATION BY STORM AS NIA LONG HOSTS THE FIRST ANNUAL AWARDS PROGRAM ON SUNDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2010, CELEBRATING BLACK WOMEN AND THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS.  BLACK GIRLS ROCK INC. ESTABLISHED IN 2006 AS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION TO INSTILL IN YOUNG BLACK WOMEN SELF-WORTH AND BUILD THEIR SELF-ESTEEM.  THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES MENTOR PROGRAMS, ART EDUCATION, AND PUBLIC SERVICE.  THIS PROGRAM HAS RECENTLY TEAMED UP WITH BET NETWORKS AND IN AN AWARDS PROGRAM, HIGHLIGHTED WOMEN OF COLOR AND THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE COMMUNITY AND MORE.  SOME OF THE HONOREES WERE KEKE PALMER, MISSY ELIOT, RAVEN SYMONE’, RUBY DEE AND MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment